BES IT Systems have just been appointed a Cumulus Networks Reseller and Partner.
Cumulus Networks simplifies data centre operations by delivering operating system products that run on industry standard Ethernet switches.
Cumulus Networks helps customers realise cost-effective, high capacity networking for modern data centres. Linux transformed the economics and innovation for data centre compute, and Cumulus Linux is doing the same for the network. It radically reduces the costs and complexities of operating modern data centre networks for businesses of all sizes.
Cumulus Linux runs on “bare metal” switches from a number of switch vendors and provides the intelligence (the control plane) that is normally provided by the hardware vendors proprietary vendors’ code. It can help you achieve CapEx and OpEx efficiencies for your networks by enabling an open market approach for switching platforms. By using “bare metal” network switches and leveraging the huge base of Linux software and expertise in market that Cumulus provides simple access to, you can achieve cost savings that would have been impossible just a few years ago.
- No vendor lock-in: choice between 7+ hardware vendors and 30+ hardware platforms.
- Easily scale and automate your network device configuration and management.
- Leverage an open ecosystem of cables and optics.
- Uses the Linux community for rapid innovation and secure solutions.
- The Linux community is an open solutions ecosystem with a large number of tools and resources.
- The approach achieves substantial CapEx and OpEx savings.
Watch this quick video to see how Cumulus can support your business!
Download this informative Business Brief about how to reduce OpEx in Data Centres with Cumulus Linux!
Replacing a few switches? We’d be happy to run an architecture and pricing comparison for you. Contact me today on email@example.com or 0421 078 321!