Last week, a prankster was able to secure Prime Minister Scott Morrison's official web domain and put up a funny photo and audio link to the 2006 Euro Trip classic punk song 'Scotty Doesn't Know.' Funny, but also a serious security breach that could have been a disaster had the prankster had more villainous ambitions.
This would never have happened had the PM had his IT properly managed! . In fact, I'm writing a letter to his office today to offer our services! Yes, all of our Network Maintenance customers have their domains managed by our team of technical engineers, and we ensure their domains are registered and paid for on time. Domain ownership is simply one part of your security environment that requires vigilance.
Our security services also include Network Security Audits. We're offering Network Security Audits to businesses as part of our security review process. A Security Audit gives businesses a helpful 'aerial view' of their entire site and will ensure that your environment isn't leaving your business exposed to an array of internal and external threats.
You might need a Network Security Audit if:
- 1. You have a web domain that isn't managed by BES
- 2. You have staff who work from home or offsite and access your network remotely
- 3. You can't quickly present information on which staff have access to what data within your organisation: this relates to your obligations under the National Data Breach laws.
Common threats to businesses relating to network security:
- 1. Loss of revenue due to downtime caused by security breaches
- 2. Loss of intellectual property caused by inadequate data protection policies
- 3. Fines for data loss after not taking 'reasonable steps' to protect your environment, as outlined in the Federal Notifiable Data Breach legislation.
Once BES Network Engineers perform a Network Security Audit at your site, you will be provided with a comprehensive report outlining findings and recommendations. Take action today to protect your business!
If you'd like to find out how a Network Security Audit could assist your organisation, simply use our contact us form below and we will be in touch shortly.