COVID-19 has impacted the lives of people around the world. Many organisations around the world are impacted by it and are taking steps to ensure the health and safety of their staff.
One easy step every business can take today to maintain a healthy working environment is a thorough clean of your company devices.
The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends cleaning surfaces, followed by disinfection, as a best practice for the prevention of Coronavirus and other viral respiratory illnesses in households and community settings.
Follow the guidelines below from HP on how to clean high-touch, external surfaces on your devices:
- Wear disposable gloves made of latex (or nitrile gloves if you are latex-sensitive) when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- Turn off the device and disconnect AC power (for printers, devices should be unplugged from the
outlet). Remove batteries from items like wireless keyboards. Never clean a product while it is powered on or plugged in.
- Disconnect any external devices.
- Moisten a microfiber cloth with Isopropyl Cleaning Alcohol (found at your local hardware store). Do not use fibrous materials, such as paper towels or toilet paper. The cloth should be moist, but not dripping wet. Do not spray any liquids directly onto the product.
- Gently wipe the moistened cloth on the surfaces to be cleaned. Do not allow any moisture to drip
into areas like keyboards, display panels or USB ports located on the printer control panels, as
moisture entering the inside of an electronic product can cause extensive damage to the product.
- Start with the display or printer control panel (if applicable) and end with any flexible cables, like power, keyboard and USB cables.
- When cleaning a display screen or printer control panel, carefully wipe in one direction, moving from the top of the display to the bottom.
- Ensure surfaces have completely air-dried before turning the device on after cleaning. No moisture should be visible on the surfaces of the product before it is powered on.
- After disinfecting, copier/scanner glass should be cleaned again using an office glass cleaner
sprayed onto a clean rag to remove streaking.
- Gloves should be discarded after each cleaning. Clean hands immediately after gloves are removed.
Follow this link below to access the full set of cleaning guidance from HP.